Hockley Loyal Orange Lodge No. 465
Hockley, Ontario, Canada
Hockley Loyal Orange Lodge No. 465 received its warrant in 1853. It was presented to the first Worshipful Master of the Lodge, Roland Buchanan. In 1891 the Lodge became incorporated.
The Hockley Lodge built its own hall in 1894 and it was used up until 1972. The Hall was then deeded to the Hockley and District Senior Citizens Club in 1976. The building has continued to be used as a community gathering and meeting place ever since.
In 2018, the building was gifted to the community by the Hockley and District Seniors club and would become the Hockley Community Museum.
The Hockley Loyal Orange Lodge No. 465 sign hung above the doors of the Orange Hall built in 1894. The sign was found in the hall attic when the building underwent renovations in 2003. It was subsequently donated to the Museum of Dufferin and now hangs as a permanent display piece in their main hall.
Members of Hockley Loyal Orange Lodge No. 465. Date unknown.
Former Hall of Hockley Loyal Orange Lodge No. 465, now the Hockley Community Museum.
Where is Hockley, Ontario?