Madoc Loyal Orange Lodge No. 160
Madoc, Ontario, Canada
On October 22nd, 1885 a meeting was called to meet at the store of D.A. Caldwell to organize an Orange Lodge. James White acted as Secretary, who moved and seconded by D.A. Caldwell that Malcolm Bristol act as Chairman. The object of the meeting was to organize a Loyal Orange Lodge to be known as L.O.L. No. 160 of Madoc.
The following Brethren were present, each paying the sum of $2.00:
In 1970 North Durham Street underwent a drastic change as workmen renovated the Orange Hall. A former two-storey building, the hall was lowered to one storey, with a gable roof instead of the former gravel and tar one.
After the exterior received its face-lift, several well-known Orangemen went to work in the interior modernizing and well-equipping the hall. The new hall is not only a credit to the L.O.L. #160, but also the L.O.B.A. #1193, and the town as a whole.
With information from an unknown source.
Where is Madoc, Ontario?