Munster Loyal Orange Lodge No. 917
Munster, Ontario, Canada
The Munster School Bell and Munster Union Cemetery
The Munster School Bell occupies a place at the entrance to the Munster Union Cemetery, east of Munster Road to the north of Bleeks Road.
This bell was taken from Munster School, S.S.#5, built in 1890 and closed in 1967. It was placed at the cemetery by the members of the Munster Loyal Orange Lodge No. 917 in 2002 as a lasting memorial to all who ever attended Munster School, S.S. #5.
The stone gates leading into Munster Union Cemetery were also donated by the Lodge. Along with a number of others, the Lodge was also involved in erecting a monument within the cemetery to honour three men that were from the Munster area who died in the First World War. This monument is the focal point for the annual Remembrance Service which is held at the cemetery around November 11th.